Experience Mykines with guide
Day trip to Mykines also known as the bird paradise due to the rich variety of birds on the island. See at close hand the impressive gannets that only breed on Mykinesholm and the charming puffins with the colourful beaks.
You must cross a footbridge over the Atlantic Ocean in order to come out to Mykinesholm and the lighthouse which was built in 1909. It is situated at the most westerly point of the Faroe Islands - next stop North America!
Price per person EUR 148 | DKK 1.095,-
- The tour starts at the port in the village Sørvágur, Vágar, where you take the boat sailing to Mykines.
- Sailing time is approx. 45 minutes one way.
- Every day 10.20 to approx 18.00 from May, June, July and August.
- Incl. boattrip t/r, local guide will meet you upon arrival in Mykines, guided tour to Mykineshólm, lunchbox and Mykines island entry fee
- The boat returns at 17.05. Time on the island is approx. 6 hours.
- Tour must be booked in advance.
The tour depends on the weather. In the event the tour is canceled, it is sometimes possible to move the tour to another day.
If excursion is canceled, 20% of the price will be refunded.
When visiting Mykines it is important to wear good hiking shoes and be properly dressed - remember the weather is changeable.
We recommend to bring a bottle of water for the hike to the lighthouse.
Duration: Approx. 3 hours from the village to the lighthouse and back including stops at viewpoints.
Remember: To stay on the path in order to avoid disturbing the birds.
Difficulty: Medium. The path is steep and one should not suffer from vertigo.