Sea angling with traditional Faroese boat
World class sea angling, surrounded by stunning scenery. The islands provide good shelter for the many good fishing areas, therefore you can fish almost every day regardless of the weather. Enjoy angling with a traditional Faroese wooden (clinker-built) boat. BRT 5,1. Skipper, who is a boat builder has built the boat. Fishing from the village of Sandur on the island of Sandoy.
- TRAVEL: Any day of the week from Copenhagen - 5 days | 4 nights
- SEASON: Mid June, July and August
- DIRECT FLIGHT FROM: Copenhagen (incl. in the price)
Itinerary: Individual tour
DAY 1: Arrival to the Faroe Islands. The Island of Sandoy and meet skipper.
Depart with direct flight from Copenhagen and arrive in the Faroe Islands. From the airport to the island of Sandoy via harbour Gamlarætt to catch the *ferry to the island of Sandoy (30 minutes sailing)
Meet the skipper, who has a strong connection to the sea, and get some great fishing tips.
*Ferry to Sandoy is not included.
DAY 2, DAY 3 AND DAY 4: 3 whole days of sea angling.
Three days of uninterrupted deep sea fishing, surrounded by the amazing scenery such as majestic cliff faces, rugged coastline and bird life.
- Fish to catch would be: Cod, Haddock, Ling, Colefish - and plenty of other fish species. Last but not least you may catch a Halibut - and what a thrill!!
- Helpful information. Water depths will be approx. 20m to 150m. To reach dephts takes from approx. 1/2 hour to 1 hour sailing.
Day 4, you return to the capital Tórshavn, and check-in at hotel in Tórshavn.
In Tórshavn you can enjoy cafes, excellent restaurants, and of course you must taste the best salmon in the world at the local sushi restaurant.
DAY 5: Explore the capital Tórshavn and departure.
If you have the time, you can visit the supermarket, Miklagarður located in the shopping center SMS, here you can purchase a selection of Faroese food, for example vacuum-packed faroese salmon, salt fish, etc.
Check out and return to the airport. Departure with direct flight to Copenhagen.