Round trip with RIB-boat from Gamlarætt on Streymoy to the island of Hestur. Slowly we move as near as possible to the birds under the cliff, Loftið, whose vertical wall measures some 1,200 feet. Hestur harbours guillemots, puffins, black guillemots, shags, fulmars and eiders. A couple of seal caves are there as well. If the weather is good, we also sail into the caves, Álvagjógv and Klæmintsgjógv. Current and wind directions decide which way we sail around the island.
Price per person EUR 88 | DKK 650,-
- The tour starts from Gamlarætt harbour (near Kirkjubøur)
- All days in the week. Tour is 1 hour and 30 min.
- Departures, choose between 09.00, 11.20, 13.30, 16.00 and 18.00. Please remark preferred time when booking.
- Incl. Boat tour and flotation suit.
- Max 12 persons.
- From May to September.
- PLEASE NOTE: If the weather does not allow us to sail as planned, the trip can be changed to another destination or other content. You will be notified by e-mail.
- Tour must be pre-booked.
- If you don't have a car, you can take the public bus number 101 from Tórshavn to Gamlarætt.
- Excursion link